Group Translation Chats (GTC) is a Facebook group of translators and interpreters who like chatting via Zoom. We meet once a month for a hosted session moderated by a volunteer on a specific translation-related topic. You’ll find links to summaries of some of the topics we’ve discussed in the list below.
Besides the monthly formal session, we also schedule drop-in coffee-break chats twice a week on Monday afternoons and Friday mornings.
Our aim is to provide a space where colleagues can talk freely, support each other and share knowledge in a relaxed, informal atmosphere.
You can read how the group started in The Group Translation Chats Story. And if you’d like to join us, click on the link above.
- The Group Translation Chats Story
- Is it worth it for you to do an MA in Translation Studies guest post by Gwenydd Jones
- What should and what shouldn’t we change when revising a colleague’s translation?
- Do translations only have to be good enough?
- Teamwork: the pros and cons of being a lone wolf or a pack animal
- CPD: What is it? Why should I do it? Which should I do?
- Fees or Rates? A Discussion on Translation Prices