Continuing professional development (CPD) is usually recommended by translation and interpreting associations as it’s an excellent way of ensuring your skills remain relevant and learning something new.
If you’re looking for some training possibilities, visit Skilliga where you’ll find a calendar of training and CPD events and courses for translators and interpreters.
Here’s a list of the pages on this blog with CPD ideas and links.
- Books on Translation & Interpreting
- Business-related Courses
- Conferences & Other Translation Events (Reviews)
- Copywriting, Writing, Proofreading & Editing Courses
- MA Courses
- My CPD
- Podcasts & YouTube Channels
- Translation-related Courses
- Translation-related Courses & Events (Reviews)
Below is a list of posts on my blog that talk about CPD. This list does not include reviews of MA courses, which you can find on the MA pages and also here.
- IAPTI Conference Twitter Storm
- Friendship and Laughter: Review of the BP14 Conference
- Wicked METM14 Gathering
- Help! Everyone’s at a conference except me (or how to still get a dose of CPD)
- Why All the Fuss about Spellings and Style Guides?
- Strawberries, cream and sparks of genius: Tennis parallels to help us be the best we can become
- DipTrans: the Real Costs and Returns by Gwenydd Jones
- 5 Lessons I Learned While Writing A Book About Interpreting by Jonathan Downie
- Revision Survey Results – Part 4: Revision Training
- Review of CI3M Distance Course in Translation Studies (French to English) by Andrea McGibney
- Review of Christelle Maignan’s ‘Interactive Time Management’ Workshop by Ruth Bond
- Mes impressions de la « Formation à l’installation du traducteur indépendant » à CI3M by Andrea McGibney
- The Diploma in Translation. What is it? Why do I want it? by Lucy Williams
- How I Passed the DipTrans: Top Five Tips by Lucy Williams
- Review of Advanced Subtitling Course at CenTraS
- Books on My Shelves – Don’t Trust Your Spell Check
- Let’s Get Slamming
- Bump up your CPD with BP translation conference videos
- Review of the Financial Translation Course at CTI – Communication Trend Italia by Martina Abagnale
- Initial Results of the Translation Qualifications Survey (Part 1)
- Results of the Translation Qualifications Survey (Part 2)
- Results of the Translation Qualifications Survey (Part 3)
- Conclusions of the Results of the Translation Qualifications Survey (Part 4)
- Is it worth it for you to do an MA in Translation Studies? by Gwenydd Jones
- CPD: What is it? Why should I do it? Which should I do?
Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay