Words are my business and I want to make them work for you
If you need
–translation or revision from Spanish into UK English for the academic, education, wildlife and environment, and travel and leisure (tourism, hospitality, hotel & accommodation) sectors
–localisation of US English into UK English
–revision or editing of an academic paper, article for publication or conference (I can provide this service for university clients on a wide variety of subjects, mainly humanities and social sciences)
then please get in touch.
My name is Nikki Graham and I am a British national based on the south coast of the UK. I’ve been working full-time as a freelance Spanish-to-English translator and reviser since September 1999.
I offer translation and revision services from Spanish into UK English, editing of documents written in or translated into English and localisation from US to UK English.
I am a qualified member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (MITI) having passed the ITI exam in the subject of leisure and tourism. As a member, I adhere to the ITI code of professional conduct and business practices.
Unless asked to use a different style, I base my work on the New Oxford Style Manual, as recommended by the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP). I have taken the SfEP introduction to proofreading course.
Localisation of US to UK English
Leisure, Travel, Hospitality & Tourism
Hotels & Accommodation
Why you should pick me
- Because I’ll make sure you get your message across.
- Because I care about getting the details right.
- Because I have satisfied clients who use my services again and again.
- Because I’m interested in forming long-term relationships with clients based on trust.
- Because I’ll go that extra mile you may need from your translator, reviser or editor.
- Because I can respond to feedback and learn from it to become a valuable member of your team.
- Because I’m a qualified member of the ITI (MITI).
- Because I believe in continuing professional development.
- Because if I can’t help you, I’ll try my utmost to find someone who can.
- Because words are my business and I want to make words work for you.
So why not get in touch with me today. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.